Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Personal Portable Technology Use
The Upper Grand DSB recognizes the increasingly important role technology plays in the daily lives of our staff and students. With teacher approval, students may use their personal devices for instructional purposes during class time. This is especially important for students who rely on technology to access curriculum, communicate their ideas and to overcome individual learning needs. By providing access to reliable WiFi in all classrooms, we support teachers and students to realize the potential of digital devices to transform instructional practice and engage in learning.
- Why BYOD?
- UGCloud – Google Apps for Education
- UG2GO – Student Portal to digital resources
- Digital Citizenship & Safety
- What type of device?
- Wifi Health & Safety
- Connecting to “UGDSB Public” Wifi
- BYOD FAQ (includes responsibility for loss/damage/theft)