Summer School – eLearning
Summer 2019 Elearning Opportunities
Elearning in the summer provides students with the opportunity to earn credits in a variety of subject areas while maintaining some flexibility in their summer schedule. Students should expect to work a minimum of 5-6 hours every day to complete their studies. In the summer of 2019, we are offering the following courses through elearning:
- CHC2D, CHC2P – Grade 10 History Academic or Applied
- CHV2O – Civics (0.5 credit)
- GLC2O – Careers (0.5 credit)
- ENG3U – Grade 11 University English
- ENG4C – Grade 12, College English
- ENG4U – Grade 12 University English
- HSB 4U – Grade 12 Challenge & Change In Society
- MCR3U – Grade 11 University Math
- PPZ3C – Grade 11 Health for Life
- PSK4U – Grade 12 Introduction to Kinesiology
A few important points:
- Through our partnership with the Ontario eLearning Consortium, Upper Grand students will also have access to many other courses offered through other OeLC Boards (see
www.oelc.ca for more information).
- Registration for any of these eLearning courses is carried out through your home school guidance department – they will register you through the OeLC site.
- If you are accepted into another board’s elearning course – be sure to check their summer school beginning and end dates and any proctoring requirements – they may be different from Upper Grand DSB’s and you need to abide by them.
- Upper Grand DSB’s summer elearning courses will run from July 3rd – July 26th, 2019.
- Students must make sure they have access to reliable internet service for the duration of their summer school course
- Students cannot?enrol in more than one summer school program or offering.
- You can access our courses and those from other Boards through https://ugdsb.elearningontario.ca?using the credentials you use to login at your school.
For more information, see your Guidance Counsellor.